CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CENTRE (EAST)
Contractor: Aveng Grinaker-LTA
Distributor: Varilux – Cape Town
Product specified: Variflex Mobile Acoustic Partition System (Operable Walls)
Approximately 370 m of the Variflex VX164 (50dB) double suspension system was installed recently
- Formica was used internally and Marine Ply for the external face
- Formica/Melawood with Fabricmate Absorption Panels
- or Maple veneer with integrated laser cut Absorption Panels
“Since the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC)’s inception in 2003, Cape Town is still proudly the number 1 destination for conferences in Africa according to the latest International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) statistics. The CTICC offers 11 200m2 of dedicated exhibition space, two-raked auditoriums seating 1 500 and 620 delegates, and a 2 000m2 grand ballroom, providing dining space for up to 1 500. It also has a roof terrace room with spectacular views of Table Mountain, and 33 breakaway rooms varying in capacity from 25 to 330 each. …” Read more at: http://www.whatson.co.za/venue.php?venue=95 Copyright © What’s On Publishing SA___________________________________________________________________________
Aluglass Bautech was the preferred designer, manufacture and installers of the Variflex mobile acoustic partition systems, for the CTICC to enjoy the flexibility of successfully hosting diverse events over the past 15 years.
Various Variflex systems were specified and installed already:
- VX164 50dB finished with painted MDF or maple veneer (including integrated absorption panels)- 185 individual elements at 9 meters in height and 21 elements at 8.5meters where installed.
- 204 VX110 45dB elements at 4 meters in height finished in maple veneer with integrated absorption panels was installed too.
Again Aluglass Bautech with their Distributor Varilux, installed the fully operational Variflex mobile acoustic partitions at the CTICC on the eastern side:
- 64 meters VX164 50dB were installed as Vehicle Access entrances finished with Formica on the internal side and Marine Ply for the external side.
- On level 2 of the Convention Centre 198m of our VX164 was installed. The heights of the elements were 7m.
- On the ground floor 108 meters of the VX164 were installed with a height of over 9 meters. The finishes included either Formica with Fabricmate Absorption Panels or Maple veneer with integrated laser cut absorption panels.
- 38 pass doors (900mm x 2400mm) were integrated in the above mentioned partitions with a panic bar system
CONTACT US TODAY! We will create a flexible ACOUSTIC solution!
- CLIENT Aveng Grinaker-LTA
- YEAR 2018